Minnesota Afterfire LARP

Welcome to the Ashes!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Pre-Reg  Rulebook  

Share | 

November Mod-day favorites

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clarence Flintlock

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Gnome
Class: Agent

PostSubject: November Mod-day favorites    Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 am

Here is the November playtest/mod-day favorites thread, post away!

My personal favorites
-Playing a PC. It was awesome to be able to hope fence the other direction and see the game as a persistent character. Thanks Dan and Eric!
- Racial conversations between Flint and Bones. Experimental science and crunch ball
- Spider Sniping, those long range shots are very rewarding.
- Killing a the black sanromancer.
- Crafting both the coagulant gun and the grounding wire. I love having the option to think outside the box and use skills to work out of a problem.
- Watching bones get operated on
- taunting Leslie about everything
- Flint begging for his arm from Bone. It is always good to have a little panicked rp each event, in true wasteland spirit.
- Devon gender rp and flint being overly blunt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:16 pm

I had a good time overall, but some of my faves were

-Thanh's introductory phrase: "Guess you haven't been eating your apples."

-Getting grief about the operation on Bones the entire weekend. OOG what was going on there was that it was my first operation on anybody, and I wasn't sure how to actually rp it, which lead to me fumbling about and making it quite obvious that I would positively fail medical school in real life.

-The operations on Izrabeth and Solai (spelling?) that night. FUCKING INTENSE. And then the hilarity of feeling like I did a better job pulling microchips out of people than I did with actual surgery. "I'M A DOCTOR, NOT AN ELECTRICIAN!" lol!

-The once calm lake becomes the lake of death as Thanh flings all four of Solai's microchips as far into it as he can...then watches the fireworks erupt in the water. Acidic fish, anyone?

-Playing the Yellow Blood Mage. Didn't get much of a chance to really mess with people before the circle was down, but it was fun while it lasted.

-Thanh's right arm getting shattered, and directly afterward getting his left arm fractured by a dominated Leslie. And then Dan coming in as the blood mage and being like, "Dominate: you should tell everyone that Leslie broke your other arm." And Thanh just being like, "Uhhh...I...don't think I need to be dominated for that...thanks, though..." Thanh walks out of the shelter with both arms broken wearing nothing but his pants and a wife-beater, sees Leslie go down and is just like, "Well, got my wish." Then gets dominated again and receives a flaming bear hug from the blood mage.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Dammit, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!"

"Is it time to preach to the choir, Padre?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Domitriv [KIA] ............ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Doctor Thanh Atala.......[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Jack Samedi

In game: Doctor Thanh Atala/Jack Samedi
Out of game: Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leslie

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Bones you ol' bastard. I enjoyed you so much. Here I accomplish a training marathon suitable for a Rocky montage with that guitar to play you that song and it ends up with me drunk and blindly fingering frets.

-The drunk part was interesting. I'm worried that my own self bled through Leslie's character, but oh well-- it's canon now.
-Surgery was fun with Solae, Bones and Thahn. It struck fear into my heart to be called back to remove the chips as the alcohol started kicking in.
-Gripes and smiles with Tancred.
-Tuskin' it out.
-Taking refugees back to the shelter.
-The tea party. Out of game, I wanted to dance so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"Devon"
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Wow this weekend was pretty intense for a 'safe' house... Why do the Wastes get more and more horrifying?...poor Devon. Thank you all who NPC'd for that event. And a big Thank you to Kayla (for letting us stay at the cabin) and our lovely and terribly evil plot team.

- Tea party in the Wastes! Isn't William the best guys?
- Followed by a Dance party. That is an amazing radio! Please bring it again!
- All of the horrible things Devon was made to see and experience....so many mental breakdowns 0-0. So much innocence lost...
- Getting to dress pretty for the first time! Loved the RP from that Smile
- Spelling down a 'big' spider...that was the first time I felt useful.
- Bones' horrifying story around the fire.. I'm so sad OOG I didn't hear the end!
- Chasing Luther into the woods (in my pretty clothes too XD) and making a new friend
- Sitting around the fire and having Devon finally realize she is the only one there that has never killed anyone....scary thought!
- My first townsfolk friend exploding on me when I healed him.
- The 10 minute argument everyone had on whether I was a boy or a girl...It was so hard not to laugh.
- Leslie turning into an orc!
-Baby Bones...baby Leslie
-Tanner's reaction to seeing her insides.
- The FOOD this event was amazing. Thank you to those who helped out and donated!

Devon is no longer hiding...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]- Devon [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] -...Devona "Devon"

IG: Devon
OOG: Courtney <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead One
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Oh where to start.
-Running mods for the first time and having them be fun!
-Rifting out Tanner while she was dancing and Leslie before he could dance.
-Scarring Devon by literally blowing up in her face.
-Playing William and have a drunk gnome see him.
-Being a drunk imaginary friend.
-Appearing, disappearing and then reappearing as a Blood Golem/Sangromancer.
-Playing a sangromancer! (special note)
-Removing limbs and body parts and having them reappear elsewhere.
-Turning the Doctor into a half elf.
-"Fixing" Qwendolynn's arms.

- Erik Anderson
Co-Owner, Logistics, and Tech Support
Characters:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stitch (Sorcerer)
         Synth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MJ Harkness

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks to the plot staff and everyone who came out to play and cooperated with being plucked out of the game at times to NPC! Also a big thank you to Kayla for letting us use the cabin, to Ethan for fixing up a delicious dinner Saturday evening!

- All the gnomes having no electronics knowledge and fixing the radio by poking at it. (That radio was awesome!)
- Dancing with Flint, and getting rifted out mid-dance.
- Bones' stories about the dead kid, and crunch ball
- Strangling a hole in blood-thing-Flint's neck and having to flee for my life
- Getting my intestines pulled out by one of the blood mages. "Oh. Pretty." O.o It's not every day you get to see your own insides, you know.
- Trying to sing along with Adric's drunken guitar-playing
- Getting Leslie to dance with me
- Baby Bones
- Trying to flee the scene with Leslie, only to be intercepted by a blood mage and dominated
- Rolling out as spider NPCs with Tim and Adric
- My one successful garrote attempt on a hostile NPC
- Dragging Erik's merchant NPC out into the woods, only to have him come back as a zombie

IG: Tanner Harkness
OOG: Mariah Sletten
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izrabeth Reynolds

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Skyborn
Class: Guardian

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend. So much fun!

-Baby Bones trying to grab my sword
-Sitting around the fire. The guitar playing and singing and story telling was fantastic, even if it was a little drunk
-Getting garotted by Tanner
-All the fun little Tancred interactions
-Surgery with Thanh and Leslie
-Almost getting my bounty turned in, I seriously though I was screwed for a sec there!
-Fighting with Leslie's axe. Swinging for 9's is a delightful feeling
-Devon and Leslie both jumping in the way of spells for me. I didn't see it come either time!
-Screwing up the first sangromancer's circle with my own blood
-The oog irony of Luther fixing the memory problem
-The radio and getting to attempt to dance
-Helping Devon get to act like a girl for a little while
-Getting to randomly NPC!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Izrabeth Reynolds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
felixmac09

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Synthetic
Class: Agent

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Whooof. What an event. It's been a while since I've played wastelands, and dear god was it good to get back. I had put a lot of thought into the character, and I'm glad to see it was effort well spent. I plan on sending actual reaction to gameplay in an email to plot or something, but here are highlights of rp and character and setting and such:
-All the racial improv that was going on. I now need to write the rules to crunchball, and paint my number on the back of my armor!
-For the most part, actually feeling like one of the town shit-kickers. It's fun to play a genuinely big and frightening character once in a while! (Evident several times, but perhaps most comically when I got Dominated to kill Flint, and after gunning him down, was surrounded by wary pcs, none of whom tried to... you know, put me down or anything.)
-Being the practice dummy for surgery. God damn I almost broke character so hard so many times. And the other surgery I received ended with the Leslie trying to shatter a kneecap of mine.
-LESLIE BECOMING AN ORC. It's one of those pieces of plot that is just... absolutely perfect. I can't wait to see this play out. Leslie will make the best little brother I could ever ask for!
-The drinking. Burning through three different drinking buddies and leaving them blasted in my wake. I'm so happy I have an OOG tolerance to accurately physrep my Trollness. Also, had the side effect of getting everyone to bed on time!
-The radio!!!! I've been toying with putting together a playlist full of wastelands music! I'd be more than happy to contribute that as well, if you think it would be fitting, but... it's so nice to have music.
-Telling the drunk story I had prepped, and looking up at the end to see that it had the desired effect! Sorry everyone! I do not condone the murdering of children.
-The absolute clusterfuck that was the first 30 minutes of rp. I got the feeling that we were very, very close to everyone throwing down. And that's always a fun place to be!

All in all, I had an absolute blast. Thanks for letting me have my fun!

In Game: The Bones is BACK
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Out of Game: Tim Mc-B
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwendolynn

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Really, it was the RP of this game, everyone was into it, it was incredible!

-Popping in with apple crisp, and the necromancers bargaining to have some. Noticing random mages/necromancers eating it on the side.
-The Gnomes, ‘Fixing’ the radio instinctively
-Forcing Leslie to come to the tea party Very Happy (Glad he enjoyed it, next time I’ll have to ask Solae to get him to dance too. Wink ) (Dancing with Devona was fun as well. ^^)
-Pretending to talk to William, the imaginary friend.
-Getting ‘influenced’ by Solae into doing random crap.
-Watching Izrabeth become Cambria. Holy shit, that was good RP.
-Discovering my drinking tolerance was, “fine, fine, fine, CRASH”
-The cuddly girl pile after the whole party was webbed.
-Getting released from webbing to chase down an NPC in large circles around the house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November Mod-day favorites    

Back to top Go down

November Mod-day favorites
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1